Your chosen location will be discussed via email but feel free to contact me for any clarification on where we will meet and any parking or travel information if applicable.
If you get lost.
Please give me a call on 07767 753473 if you are lost or if you are running late.
Changing and Hair
If shooting on location please arrive ready as in most cases there won't be anywhere to change. If you'd like to do a clothing change at any point I have a pop up tent I can bring. Please make sure to request this prior to your shoot so I can bring it along. Feel free to browse past client's images for ideas on what to wear.
Reviewing your images at the session.
FAQ'S & T&C'S
What should i wear?
Choose a style of clothing that suits the location or type of shoot that you have booked and something that is flattering on you. If you'd like to bring options that is also possible and I can provide a pop up changing tent if shooting outdoors. Please request the tent prior to the shoot so I can make sure to bring it along. Don't forget to steam or iron out any creases that you might have.
How should i prepare?
For the week running up to the shoot make sure you are all getting the right amount of sleep and don't drink heavily! Especially don't turn up hungover. You won't be pleased with how you look on camera. It has happened. Stay hydrated all week if possible! Keep eyebrows well groomed and don't try any new face treatments that your skin isn't used to too close to the day. Avoid fake tan and if you are getting a hair cut, have it done the week before rather than the week of the shoot so it has time to settle. Keep your face moisturised running up to the shoot and use a clear lip balm every day and on the day to avoid dry lips. Bring your lip balm with you! :)
What if i am running early or late?
Depending on your time slot & location I may be with another client or have another client after you so please aim to be on time. If you are late this will eat into your session time. If you are early you are welcome to find a nearby cafe or pub to wait in (if open). Just drop me a text to let me know you have arrived: 07767 753473.
What happens if it rains?
If you have booked an outdoor session we may have to reschedule if rain is forecast. I will keep you posted if bad weather is forecast.
How much are additional images?
Additional edited images are £15 each. Discounts are available for bulk photo orders.
Will you edit the images before we choose them?
Unlike traditional family photographer's I prefer to upload all of the images from the session as they are and then edit the images once you have made your selection. I'm not a fan of the upselling method where the photographer will edit a selection making you feel as though you should purchase more than your allocated images. If you'd like additional images you are more than welcome to take a look through and select more. I can also make my own selection of favourites if this helps with the selection process. Please let me know during your shoot and I will arrange my favourite images to appear first in the gallery.
Do you also shoot on film? (Analogue)
I have been learning how to shoot on 135 and 120 film since 2016 and can now offer this option on shoots. I develop all of my own film in my home darkroom. Please enquire about rates if you are interested in adding this to your session.
How will payment work?
- A non refundable deposit of £30.00 is required at the time of booking to secure the session and the balance will be due on the day. If the deposit is not paid within 7 days of booking the slot will be re-opened for other clients.
- If you decide to re-schedule your booking for another date or time, your deposit will be held and transferred to the new date. (Up to 1 weeks notice required or the deposit will be lost and must be paid again. Late cancellation fee waivered during Coronavirus Pandemic.)
- If I decide to cancel your session for any reason then your deposit will be returned in full.
What does the session fee cover?
The fee covers your physical photo shoot and the number of included digital edited images stated in the package you have chosen. Additional edited images can be purchased for £15 each. Discounts are available for larger orders.
what happens after the session?
Within 24 hours of the session and receipt of the balance, I will eliminate any shots of closed eyes and upload all of the good proofs to an online gallery which is password protected. There you will be able to view all of the unedited images. The images are numbered and you can email me back with your image choices or send me your final list via the gallery. At this stage I will edit your chosen images. Image RAWS will be kept for 3 years and your gallery proofs will stay live for 2 months after your edited images have been delivered. This can be uploaded again if you need to purchase any more. You will receive a notification before the RAW files are deleted in case you wish to purchase any remaining images. Your images may also be used on my website or social media pages as advertising to help spread the word. Please let me know if you'd prefer your images to be kept between us. Once you have your images you are free to use them for your own personal purposes. I am on Instagram, Facebook & Twitter so you are welcome to tag me in your uploads as credit is very much appreciated. Please contact me for guidance and terms if a magazine or newspaper approaches you to use the images.
How soon will i receive the images?
It can usually take up to 10 working days to get your edited images back to you. If you need them urgently there is an optional priority edit fee of £15 per image to speed up turnaround time to 48 hours.
how much editing do you do?
I take a lot of care in the editing process from the perfect crop right to the tiniest blemish on your skin. Spots will be removed along with stray hairs, dry patches of skin, and much more. If there is anything extra you'd like me to do just let me know and I can do it.
can i edit the images myself?
As I pride myself on my branding I do not allow any further editing on images once delivered to the client. This includes Instagram filters... ;) I would also recommend to refrain from sharing any unedited images in a professional context until you have received your final re-touched images. If there is anything specific that you have in mind, please let me know.
i'd like to get some of the images printed. what are your options?
When your digital edited images are delivered to you, there will be the option to purchase professional lab quality prints & art work directly through your gallery. This cut's out all the hassle of taking your images to Boots etc but you are also welcome to print the images yourself.
COVID POLICY & RULES
- If you, someone in your group, someone you have been in contact with or someone in your household is feeling unwell with Covid-19 symptoms or otherwise please let me know so we can reschedule. You will not be charged for a last minute reschedule, even if it is on the morning of. Just let me know at least 2 hours before your session time if possible and your deposit will be transferred to a new date.
- Social distancing must be maintained throughout between myself and the group. As much as I would love to give you all a hug when we meet we must keep sessions as contact free as possible.
- There might be moments when I have to get as close as 1 metre from you when shooting but I will be wearing a face mask to protect you at all times.
- Any equipment used will be sanitised before and after the session. I kindly ask that you don't offer any help with moving equipment to keep the session as contact free as possible.
- Bring everything that you might need; make-up, hairspray, hair brush etc as I will not be able to offer any assistance in order to maintain social distancing.
Thank you for taking the time to read through everything. Here is my final check-list to help you prepare for your session;
If you have any other questions please feel free to drop me an email at email@example.com. Stay rested in the week leading up to your shoot and get excited! I look forward to meeting you!