Headshots - Frequently Asked Questions and Terms & Conditions
- What should I wear?
Bring a range of different tops with varied neck lines that you think are suitable for you. Bring a range of black/grey/denim but also try experimenting with colours to bring out your eyes and compliment the colour of your hair. Think about different jackets (leather/denim etc) that could look quite good as well and definitely have something that shows off your collarbones. We can go through the different choices when you arrive to your session and I can help choose the best looks for you. We can usually fit in around 4-6 top changes in a two hour session.
- What shall I do about make-up?
Keep it as minimal as possible. Try to avoid lipstick and thick liquid eye-liner girls as it can make your eyes appear smaller. If you have any spots just cover them up with concealer and I will edit them out after. Try to avoid caking on foundation. It's best to turn up with a little make-up on first that you can add to. I can advise whether you need more mascara, etc. Bring all of your daily make-up with you so you can do this. Boys can do this too if they wish!
- How should I prepare in the time running up to the shoot?
For the week running up to the shoot make sure you are getting the right amount of sleep and don't drink heavily! Especially don't turn up hungover. You won't be pleased with how you look on camera. It has happened. Keep eyebrows well groomed and don't have any face treatments too close to the day. Avoid fake tan and if you are getting a hair cut, have it done the week before rather than the week of the shoot so it has time to settle. If you have any facial piercings please take them out for your session. Keep your face moisturised running up to the shoot and use a clear lip balm every day and on the day to avoid dry lips.
- What is your availability like?
As a professional performer myself I am only slightly limited in the week for bookings depending on auditions or jobs. I am available for sessions on weekends too so just contact me to find out when we can book a session together.
- What happens if it rains?
The location is set outdoors but it is sheltered from the rain. It tends to get windy at times so bring a bottle of hairspray and a hair brush or comb just in case. If heavy rain and wind is forecast then we may have to reschedule.
- Prices & Payment?
A deposit of £30.00 is required at the time of booking to secure the shoot and the balance can be paid on the day.
- If you decide to re-schedule your booking for another date or time, your deposit will be held and transferred to the new date.
- If you decide to cancel your booking less than 7 days before your session and the time slot is not filled with a new booking then you will lose your deposit.
- If I decide to reschedule your booking to anything 2 months later than your original date then you are entitled to 50% of your deposit back. The balance can then be paid as normal on the day of your new session.
- If I decide to cancel your session for any reason then your deposit will be returned in full. This will only be likely if I were to recieve a contract that would take me away from the area for a vast amount of time.
- Student Discount? Student discount may only apply if you are either under 18 or have a full time valid ID card for recognized Drama School or University. Please present your ID on the day of your session and be sure to mention it at the time of booking.
- Where are you based?
There are two locations to choose from, depending on which is more convenient to you. These are Guildford in Surrey which is located near Stoke Park, or Old Basing in Hampshire next to Barton's Mill Pub. I will give you specific meeting details once you have booked your session.
- What happens after the shoot?
Once the shoot is over I will eliminate any shots of closed eyes etc and upload all the good proofs to an online gallery which is password protected. There you will be able to view all the images unedited and download scaled down images if you decide to. The images are numbered and you can email me back with your image choices.
Note: Image numbers won't show on some iPads or phones.
- What is your turn around time?
Depending on how busy I am at the time it can take from a day up to 2 weeks for me to edit your headshots and email them back to you. If you need them urgently for any reason just let me know and I will make them a priority.
- How much editing do you do?
I take a lot of care in the editing process from the perfect crop right to the tiniest blemish in your skin. Spots will be banished completely along with stray hairs, dry patches of skin, and much more. Your eyes will pop and you will be pleased with the outcome. If there is anything extra you'd like me to do just let me know and I can do it, (unless of course its changing the colour of your eyes or something like that - keep it natural haha!)
- Can I edit my own headshots? As I pride myself on my branding and know exactly how a headshot should be portrayed then I do not allow any further editing on headshots once delivered to the client.
- You haven't answered my question...
If there's anything else you'd like to know just drop me an email: email@example.com